I was thinking today that I should update the blog for all of my faithful readers. ; ) But I always check in on my friends when I do and came across Mandy's blog. She is an awesome blogger. She updates all the time. She has great pictures and funny stories that remind me of when I was living in Vernal and being a kid. She was tagged to do a "survey" of the past, present, and future. Once you read it your tagged. So if you have a blog you have to do this too and tell me so I can read yours. Here it goes.
Friday, June 20, 2008
20 Years Ago.....
1. I was almost nine and we were living in West Valley getting ready to move to Palo Alto, California. We only stayed about a year and a few months in both places. West Valley was really awful for me. I didn't have many friends and was terrorized by this evil neighbor kid. We were pretty unsupervised, as usual, but being in West Valley I was exposed to really horrible stuff at a very early age.
2. I was really depressed kid. My brother was an angry kid and took it out on me a lot. My aunt lived with us. We had dogs, Snuggles, Binky and Beau Jeau. My mom had a terrible boyfriend that I hated. I missed my grandparents a lot.
3. I started to read actual books. I loved the Baby Sitter's Club series, Anne of Green Gables and anything by Judy Bloom. I am so glad I found reading at this time. I would have been a lost kid with out it. I also loved to write stories and wanted to become a writer when I grew up. My other aunt Narvene taught me how to crochet. *Hugs,* three of my favorite things were discovered at this time.
10 Years Ago...
1. I was working as a photographer for Kiddy Kandids and Volume (the school portrait division). This time of year, I would have been starting on the Senior portraits and working in the studio. I was LOADED! No one that young should make that much money. I had no bills, except for my car and made about $25-$35 dollars an hour. Sigh.
2. I was living with Matt Farnsworth in my first apartment on 5oo East. It was such a weird place. The tenants below us would blare 50's pop all stinking day and night. So I would sing opera really loudly in the shower.
3. I met Monro's dad.
Camden and I eloping in our So. Temple apartment February 2003
5 Years Ago...
1. I was recently married to the man I was supposed to marry all along, Camden. We were living in our apartment on South Temple. Our neighbors were Alex and Eric and we would have dinner parties all the time.
2. My Monro was three and hated me. He didn't have the terrible twos, he had the terrible threes. He was so evil at times.
3. I just started esthetics school. I was working at IHC before that and was sick of wasting away in that office. I had three surgeries that year and needed to have more fun and support. I had to quit that awful office job.
3 Years Ago...
1. I was just barely pregnant with our Joaquin. We had just moved into this house in Holladay. Camden's studio was up and running and I was working in my esthetics room out of our house and Akasha. In July we would take our first real vacation together, to Oregon to see the waterfalls. It was kind of our belated honeymoon.
2. Monro was getting ready to start kindergarten at Morningside. He was doing well with moving into the new house, but me being pregnant was hard for him. He thought he would be replaced because he was/is only here half the time. I started the ridiculously hard and expensive process of trying to get full custody of him. One of the biggest regrets of my life, it caused such heart ache for Camden and me.
3. I was painting the living room three different colors. Ugh. It was so hard. I repainted it taupe last summer. The colors were too dark in the end.
Elodie on her birthday. We tried to get the NICU to give us this blanket, but they wouldn't. She's our little Valentine.
1 Year Ago...
1. Welcome Elodie! She was a little over a month old and cute as ever!
2. Joaquin was walking, talking and getting into everything. Somethings don't change. Monro had just finished the first grade and was still in karate.
3. Camden and I were so happy that our little family was complete, we got our girl. He was about to play the Art's Festival with Cavedoll. Back then it was just JanetMarie, him and the video.
Camden and Janet playing the Art's Festival last year.
So Far This Year...
1. Camden got a great job working for Albion Financial. The people he works with are so fun. He added Allison, Ryan and me to the live line up of Cavedoll and we have been playing like crazy. He released 15 albums this year. New stuff and old stuff. Hopefully he can stop for a bit now, but who knows if he can exhibit that sort of restraint.
2. I have tried my best at being Mommy of the Year. Only achieving this title in my own home. They all don't know any better. Their just kids.
3. Monro is going into the THRID grade! Joaquin is Mr. Mischief and Elodie is my angel face. They are all pretty cheerful and well adjusted kids. But I wish Joaquin would stop the screaming thing! Does my head in, it does!
1. During the day we didn't do much. I crocheted, the kids played, Elodie and I did her therapy, and I shared a popsicle with Joaquin.
2. Camden came home and love was returned to my heart. It is a special time. I went to the store with Joaquin to grab something for dinner. Frozen pizza, see I did say "Mom of the Year."
3. Then we had band practice. It was a good practice, but the best thing that happened yesterday....SHOES! Allison got some free designer shoes from a friend and since we are the same size, she was generous enough to share the wealth! They are beautiful and I am so grateful. I normally just get Converse and Payless, so this was a crazy treat. They are so beautiful!
1. Well not much has gone on today since it is still early in the day.
2. Joaquin woke up with puffy eyes. He has allergies so I gave him some meds and he watched a movie cuddled on the couch in my shawl. He is now taking a nap because he is all drugged up. Monro is downstairs listening to Harry Potter books on CD and Elodie is playing on her new play rug.
3. I'm still in my jamas and when I am done with this I will do my daily yoga and then get cute. Not sure what to wear today. I will crochet, of course, and create. I hope to finish a present I am making. I hope to spend sometime with my busy husband. I want a date, damn it!
1. More cleaning and feeding of babies.
2. Shopping for groceries.
3. BBQ at Ryan and Kelli's. They have an amazing yard that is like a kid paradise. Tramp, bikes, basketball court, lots of soft green grass to roll in, and tons of fun kids to play with. For the grown ups there is a huge grill, lovely deck with comfy chairs, a fire and great company. It will be so fun. Our friends and their kids have been such an asset to our lives.
1. We don't have any set plans really. So I can only speculate.
2. Elodie will be walking and she will begin her preparation for the New York Ballet. Joaquin will be three and starting his second major label release. Monro will be nine and starting his first novel all about dragons and kung fu.
3. Camden and I will still be in love and hopefully he will learn to take more time to smell the roses. I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing. I have so many ideas. I have thought about going back to school, (yes, again) to get my nursing degree officially, or to do a yoga instructors' course. I'm not sure. I do know that if I go, I'm going to need a lot of help and support and all of that isn't in place. I would fail ridiculously if my babies weren't cared for or if we have to put them in daycare. I feel that this time before the kids go to school is my cocoon phase. I need to use this time to figure out what I'm going to do with myself once my babies are all off being big kids. Hooray FUTURE!
So yeah....TAG YOU'RE IT!!!